Red Nelson 4.7% 70 pint Cask and Tap
Rich ruby red beer, balancing roasted malts with sauvignon blanc grapey hops
- Malts: Flagon, dark Munich crystal, wheat
- Hops: Simcoe, Porgress, Cascade, Nelson Sauvign, Centennial
- Allergens: Barley, Wheat (Gluten)
- Suitable for vegans
This product comes in a returnable cask, complete with tap, spile and stand. Some cask experience is desirable but not necessarily essential.
How to look after your Cask
- Place the cask somewhere cool (ideally 12C) where you want to serve it from, with the keystone (this is the grey bung) at the front and at the bottom. There will be some beer spillage during setting up and serving.
- Knock the spile (wooden peg) into the centre of the shive (large white bung on the top side). Expect some froth
- With a good whack, knock the tap into the keystone at the front. Make sure the tap is in the closed position.
- Leave it to settle for a minimum of 12 hours before serving.
- When you want to drink it, remove the spile from the top.
- Turn the tap to pour. If the tap becomes stiff, loosen the bottom nut by half a turn and gently squeeze the moveable tap part up slightly.
- Check the beer – the first third to half a pint will be cloudy and should be discarded. Pour another third and take a delicious sip to make sure it’s ready. The beer should be clear and pour with a foamy head.
- The beer will taste best within 5 days of opening.
- Casks can be stored for 6 weeks from the date of purchase before being opened if stored below 12C.